Live chat is the most underrated marketing and sales tool ever.
If 2020 has taught digital experts anything, it’s that quality leads have become a scarce commodity.
It has become one of the biggest challenges faced by most agencies, with 61% of marketers ranking lead generation as their number one challenge.
So much so that lead generation has made it to the top of everyone’s hit list, demanding more than half of the marketing spend by more than 53% of marketers.
Even websites with high traffic seem to struggle with turning those visitors into lead opportunities. This is where live chat has become a powerful and innovative tool in boosting the lead generation process and creating more sales opportunities.
Key Live Chat Statistics You Need to Know
Here is some compelling evidence that proves the importance of live chat for lead generation.
Customers want and expect more from businesses.
Boosts conversion rates and increase ROI
- Live chat can produce more than 40% in overall website conversion rates.
- Business leaders claim chatbots have increased sales by 67% on average.
- 57% of businesses claimed that chatbot delivers large ROI on minimal investment.
- Live chat leads to a 48% increase in revenue per chat hour and a 40% increase in conversion rate.
8 Ways to Generate More Quality Leads Using Live Chat
1. Engage More Visitors with Real-time Responses
Live chat and chatbots help serve the customer at all stages of their buyer’s journey. From resolving customer complaints, assisting in the sales process, and proactively guiding customers to a sale, live chat has fast become one of the most preferred methods by customers when interacting with a business.
2. Increase Conversations With Personalised Experiences
People crave a personalised experience. They want to feel like a business understands their needs before they make a purchase. With instant messaging, live chat lets you gather more information about the prospect at the very moment they are thinking about a product or service.
- 82% of customers who had a chat with a support agent are more likely to place an order.
- 84% of customers say being treated like a person and not a number is very important to winning their business.
- 57% of executives cite that conversational chatbots enable their websites to provide personalised attention to customers.
3. Capture Leads 24/7 With Live Chat Support Automation
It’s impossible to man the website 24/7 and provide a personalised experience, but unfortunately, that’s what prospects want.
Live chat lets you create personalised automated triggers to engage visitors around the clock. You can engage prospects based on their geographic location. Or, customise messages for returning visitors — a “welcome back” message will be far more effective than going straight for a throat-grabbing offer.
- Chatbots are available 24/7 at no extra costs — over 50% of customers expect a business to be open 24/7.
- 64% of businesses believe that chatbots will allow them to deliver a more customized customer support experience.
- 55% of consumers are likely to try a chatbot that offers location-based deals.
4. Sell Products, Test Offers, and Run Promotions
Chatbots have come a long way since their robotic FAQ-style interactions. The technology is now widely adopted by many industries including Finance, Travel and Hospitality, Retail, Healthcare, e-commerce sites, and many more.
- 47% of consumers would buy items via chatbot
- 40% of consumers want offers and deals from chatbots
- Chatbots can save $174 billion across Insurance, Financial Services, Sales, and Customer service.
5. Routes Conversations Directly to the Sales Team
Inconsistent experiences and poor hand-offs from live chat to sales reps are typical gaps within a sales cycle. When a visitor lands on your website and begins a conversation, they could either be a new lead or a customer who’s logged out at the checkout screen.
Chat Agency’s live chat solution automatically segments and routes such conversations to the relevant teams for follow up.
6. Use Real-time Data to Understand Your Prospects Journey
Learning more about your visitors will allow you to create more personalised experiences. These insights help to understand visitors behaviours, and in turn, increase your live chat conversions.
Chat Agency’s live chat solution lets you track and measure important metrics to make data-informed decisions. Always know how your campaigns are performing with real-time data and custom-designed dashboards.
7. Stay Connected With Customers Across All Channels
We now live in an age where the average user will use up to 10 different channels to communicate with companies. Live chat technology allows businesses to offer support across multiple platforms and improve customer experience by communicating with them on their favourite channels.
8. Incorporates Straight Into Your Business
Live chat technology can help automate and qualify leads into your CRM, send an email after successful sales and more. They are also compatible with most CRMs, marketing apps and analytic tools, and can go live within 3 to 5 weeks. 28% Top-Performing companies use AI for marketing.
Benefits of Live Chat for a Business
Live chat helps optimise your sales process, automatically qualify leads and grow your revenue effortlessly. They allow you to connect with your customers across all channels, providing support, qualifying and collecting leads around the clock, while you rest easy.
- Increases customer engagement
- Available 24/7 and scalable
- Improves lead quality
- Boosts sales teams effectiveness
- Automates repetitive tasks
- Creates customer experiences that sell
Grow Your Sales Through Conversation
Chatbots have come a long way. They are now more data-driven than ever, highly scalable, and enable a richer customer experience. Chat technology lets you engage more website visitors, helps you convert more leads into sales, and relieves your sales staff from repetitive tasks that don’t bring in revenue.
If you’re interested in seeing how Chat Agency can help your business increase the number and quality of leads coming through, I am more than happy to show you first-hand.
Contact us on [email protected] or +61 8 6333 0356 to learn more about how The Chat Agency can help you create customer experiences that sell.